5 Things You Must Know Before Visiting Columbian Amazon
A landscape marked by rainforests, Columbia is a country which is located at the northern tip of South America. The country`s Amazon region makes up a vast percentage of the country. Almost a third of Columbia is made up of jungle regions, and the south of Columbia is dotted with some of the most important rivers of Amazonia such as Putumayo, Apaporis, Orinoco and the mighty Amazon itself.
If you are planning to visit Colombian Amazon then you must book cheapflights from London at the earliest as visiting the country can be a rewarding experience. Here are some things you should be aware of before you go:
1. Be aware of the dry and wet seasons- The region receives two seasons- dry season and wet season. The wet season begins from January and continues up till June while the dry season is usually the other half of the year. The vast amounts of the rain that the country gets can affect your travel experiences. Both the seasons offer distinct and amazing experiences but the nature of the travel might undergo lot of changes. In wet season you will spot fewer animals as they retreat to dry forest. But you can surely enjoy kayaking there.
2. Do not forget to pack bug spray- Regardless of the season in which you travel to Columbian Amazon, the region is home to plenty of bugs that will never miss a chance to bite you. While it may annoy anyone, the only way out is to use mosquito-repellant and bug spray. Also you can get mosquito-proof clothes to save yourself from plenty of bites and burning sensation.
3. Explore Columbia beyond Leticia- The triple border city –Leticia, which is located on the frontier of Peru, Columbia and Brazil is considered to be the face of Columbia tourism, but you will be thrilled to explore Columbia beyond this Amazon River City. For instance a region like Guaviare offers stunning landscapes and indigenous cultures while Caqueta and Putumayo regions offer adventurous rafting trips and stunning waterfall hikes.
4. Pick your destination wisely- When booking cheapflights from London to Columbia, make sure you browse well about the destinations you will like to visit. While Leticia has some of the best jungle lodges and well-established accommodations, if you are looking for a more off-the-beaten-track experience then you must research well before booking your plane tickets.
5. You can get across the places without having to fly- There is this common misconception that to explore the Columbia entirely, you will have to fly. However the region has plenty of forests that are wonderful and can be reached by a boat or a bus from Bogota.
If you are an adventurous junkie then do not forget to pack your camera and binoculars as you will get to see amazing wildlife in Amazon. So pack your bags and go out on an adventure with your friends. To book cheap flights from London to Columbia visit our website flightsnfare.co.uk.